Sometimes, in a world filled with negativity, violence and pain one needs to take a small step back to reflect on the pure wonder in life.
I am grateful for:
1. The train that still arrived on time, even if it was full and there was no seat left.
2. Being able to read – not just the news and sad stories but the good news and the most wonderful creative fables and literature that came from someone’s pen.
3. That I can feel my body move, to run, walk or stretch – feel the heat of the sun on a summers day or enjoy the feeling of engulfing myself in water in the pool.
4. For animals that walk our paths with us – the cats, dogs, horses, fishes etc. That are there when when we need a friend to just listen.
5. For family. Even in strife and anger family is still a blood bond that can surpass whatever the world throws at us… if we allow it and invite the lesson they need to teach us.
6. For Love. The past loves and partners that walked my path with me for that moment (and more) in time. Some have moved on beyond our existence already but I can still feel their embrace or their love in the echoes of my heart.
7. My Faith. That I can still believe in a higher purpose, the love and the trust God gives us.
8. That we all have free will and a choice. Often that we are spoiled for choice with too many options, but we can still choose. Even if we choose not to choose.
9. Food. The wonderfully, fantastic tastes and experiences it gives us. Nothing tastes as good as popping sweet, freshly harvested cherry tomato in ones mouth.
10. Friends. My chosen family. For the support, the love, the understanding, the challenge they give me on a daily basis.
11. For forgiveness. The privilege we have to forgive and be forgiven and move on.
12. Forests and mountains. For being able to take a walk through a forest and breath in the purity of life; or hiking up a mountain to realise just how small and insignificant we really are.
13. For Memories. Because it helps me to remember where I come from and who I am.
14. For our unique selves and the true wonder of it.
15. For my home, where I can kick of my shoes, do my chores, eat, sleep, lounge around in my pyjamas, nap, sow, clean etc. A place that is a reflection of my soul.
16. Ice cream – from the local Italian Ice cream parlour around the corner with the best ice cream ever… in my humble opinion. 😁
17. That I have a job where I can make a difference in people’s lives. However small.
18. Chocolate. Need I say more.
19. For mother nature and her wonder… Even the buggy Mosquito has it’s place and it’s purpose.
20. That the Sun goes down and comes up every day. Without fail. This is perhaps the true wonder that we can trust in the fact that tomorrow is another day.
Interestingly enough I started this post with perhaps 5 things to be grateful for… and then it became so much more. It just comes to show that once we consciously think about it we realise how truly blessed we really are!