so today was the last day of my little experiment. Tomorrow I am leaving early to surprise a friend with a visit… so it will be a long day with travelling and then just some solid girl time. So looking forward to seeing her beautiful surprised face! 🙂
What has changed in the last 5 days? Ok, not much to be honest. I am still in a workaholic phase, bone tired and a huge part of me wants to run away from life and everything else.
- I finished a puzzle (in less than 3 days!)
- I realised how utterly blessed I am to have the friends that I have found in my life
- I finally booked a holiday… my first in a whole year now, and I am beyond excited. 🙂
- I actually managed to write a post for 4 out of 5 days… which is something I really never thought I would manage… 🙂
- Lastly I realised that I needed to make a decision on a specific aspect that I have been putting off for a long time.
All in all it had little to do with the image of self care that is portrayed in the media, but more with slowing down a little bit, thinking my actions through before I act and getting some stuff sorted that I have been meaning to do in a very long time. Not to forget my slightly maddening self conversations I had… instead of giving up though I pulled through and I think as far as persistence goes I can get the prize for the week.
On this note, I am saying a good night and have a lovely weekend.